October 21, 2013
Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, Toronto, Ontario
Applying the core Craving Change® concepts in your one-on-one practice!
“I don’t usually talk to my patients about their thoughts and feelings – I need more direction to help me initiate a cognitive-behavioural discussion with confidence!”
“My patients think it’s corny to talk about an iceberg! Help!”
“I’m familiar with the Craving Change® approach . . . but it would be great to strengthen my core individual counselling skills such as validation, normalization and reflection.”
Guaranteed to spark “ah-ha” moments for you and your clients, Wendy Shah RD and Colleen Cannon PhD, RPsych will present new methods and tools to help your clients move from discouragement to discovery.
Join this highly respected and engaging team for a half-day advanced Craving Change® workshop that is practical, interactive and insightful.
Core best-practice theory will be translated into real-life exercises for enhancing patient engagement and motivating behaviour change. Expect to speak up and to leave with ideas and inspiration.
- To learn and practice skills for introducing the cognitive-behavioural approach with your clients in mind.
- To review techniques for developing a therapeutic alliance with your clients.
- To practice core counselling skills.
- To observe and discuss a variety of cognitive-behavioural dialogues and case studies. Materials used will include original and new Craving Change® tools and worksheets, highlighting the 2013 individual counselling guide.
- To become familiar with free, online mental health resources for your clients.
Attendees must be health care professionals who are licensed to use Craving Change® materials and have been trained in the basic principles and resources via an in-person workshop or the Professional Training Video. Click here for more information about the online training video program.
Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, One Harbour Square, Toronto Room: Dockside 3
Registration Deadline – September 30, 2013
Use accompanying interactive Registration Form
Limited to 30 spaces, first come, first served with payment by registration deadline.
Fee: $195.00 plus HST. Light refreshments will be provided.
This fee includes Craving Change® resources:
- Those who purchased their license and Facilitator’s Kit prior to March 2013 will receive the Craving Change™ Update Package (retail value $40.00)
- Those who purchased any of the certification packages since March 2013 or already have the Craving More! Update Package will receive five Client Workbooks and ten fridge magnets (retail value $40.00)
- Those who are licensed to use Craving Change® under an Organization License will receive five Client Workbooks and ten fridge magnets (retail value $40.00)
Fee Reimbursement: Ontario allied health professionals may be eligible for funding to support skill and knowledge development opportunities through the Health Force Ontario’s Allied Health Professional Development Fund.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the workshop brochure.