Kitchener, Ont. June 9 2014 The Centre for Family Medicine
Ottawa, Ont. June 11 2014 The Ottawa Hospital
Applying the core Craving Change® concepts in your one-on-one practice!
- “I don’t usually talk to my patients about their thoughts and feelings – I need more direction to help me initiate a cognitive-behavioural discussion with confidence!”
- “My patients think it’s corny to talk about an iceberg! Help!”
- “I’m familiar with the Craving Change® approach…but it would be great to strengthen my core individual counselling skills such as validation, normalization and paraphrasing.”
Here’s your chance to attend a specialized workshop with the co-founders of Craving Change Inc! Wendy Shah RD and Colleen Cannon PhD, RPsych will present new methods and tools to help your clients move from discouragement to discovery. Join this highly respected and engaging team for a half-day advanced Craving Change® workshop that is practical, interactive and insightful.
Core best-practice theory will be translated into real-life exercises for enhancing patient engagement and motivating behaviour change. Expect to speak up, participate, and to leave with both practical ideas and clinical inspiration.
- To learn and practice skills for introducing the cognitive-behavioural approach with your clients in mind.
- To review techniques for developing a therapeutic alliance with your clients. Engage, reinforce, inspire curiosity and reign in the advice!
- To practice core counselling skills.
- To observe and discuss a variety of cognitive-behavioural dialogues and case studies. Materials used will include original and new Craving Change® tools and worksheets, highlighting the 2013 individual counselling guide.
- To become familiar with free, online mental health resources for your clients.
Attendees must be health care professionals who are licensed to use Craving Change® materials and have been trained in the basic principles and resources via an in-person workshop or the Professional Training Video. Click here for more information about the online training video program.