Wendy is the proud recipient of the Dietitians of Canada Member Recognition Award for Innovation. Since 2008, the Craving Change® program that she developed in collaboration with Dr. Colleen Cannon has been consistently and enthusiastically embraced by Canadian dietitians. The program addresses a number of goals cited in the Dietitians of Canada Vision 2020, including:
- Provides dietitians with self-directed, self-renewing, accessible and advanced e-training, facilitation guidance and client resources to enhance their practice and become leaders and ‘agents of change’ with a novel and clinically recommended intervention.
- Addresses a gap in current post-secondary nutrition education.
- Is applicable to all adult clients, in a variety of settings, seeking to improve their relationship with food.
- Excites dietitians and their clients with its engaging and practical approach as is evident from their documented feedback.
- Supports inter-professional collaboration with teams in all communities to implement innovative strategies.
- Has been adapted for the First Nation population.
- Encourages evaluation and quality assurance and supports collection of outcome measures.
Wendy will receive her award at the Dietitians of Canada conference on June 9th in St. John’s, Newfoundland.